Monday, March 16, 2009

Part Bride Too

When a girl dreams of her wedding day as a child she dreams of ribbons, bows, music, make up, a beautiful dress and the stop in your tracks moment of "OooOoOo, look at her." You never think of the family arguments, the watching what you say and how you say it, or even the invite her and him because he would be mad otherwise. The whole process is very sketchy and uneasy. Whoever said planning a wedding was fun? I've had many numerous people tell me to enjoy the journey. The journey has been anything but fun. There are fun points along the way, but all in all I never want to plan my own wedding ever again! Praise God it should only happen once.

I have said this before and I'll remind myself again... my wedding has nothing to do with me and everything to do with us. I am marrying the most incredible man of God I have ever met. He is brilliant. I've never met anyone so steadfast in his beliefs. I've never known anyone to be so gentle and caring about my heart. I never dreamed I would be marrying a pure man who loves God and tries so hard to remember to live a life of conviction and praise to the Lord. I could write on and on about Jeff, but I won't.

The difficulty is keeping myself a teacher when I need to teach, a worker when I need to work and a fiance when he needs me to listen. I never thought my life would involve so much activity. So, today I'm taking time to re-order a few things. I feel quite behind and I am in school work. I will catch up today. I'm re-organizing my room, my car and my school work. This morning though, I think I'm going to take a minute and stop by the library to pass out my invitations. :::sighs::::

I'm getting married.... wow

No comments:

Post a Comment