Saturday, April 18, 2009

That's Right I'm Reading It!

I've decided that I need to read the influential works of literature that I have based opinions on without having read them first. I am on a journey, a quest really, of reading two major pieces of literature. One being Mein Kampf the autobiography of Hitler. I have wanted to read this ever since I studied the Holocaust in my first history class in college. I wanted so much to understand why such a hateful thing could happen and how such an awful ideal could be grasped in the worst way by such a large group of people. The world was listening to the man but not the heart... why, how and what made it move with the beat that it did?

I'm also reading the Origins of Species by Darwin. No, I'm not becoming an evolutionist. However, I do want to know what my true opinion on this topic really is. For years now I have been molded by other Christians to believe evolution largely brought about by Darwin is basically anti-Christian, anti-God and anti-everything I believe in currently. However, I myself and probably many others have not read the words written by the man himself. I want to know if my opinions about the theory are true, or logical. I want to be grounded in my thinking, but gloryifing to God alone. And so far in the introduction alone Darwin himself claims so many times his theories are partial, his observations many but prove little and missing links are everywhere. There should be no debate so far from what I've read because it's one man's opinion based on observation and thought alone.... sounds lacking of something major to me to begin with, nonetheless I'm reading through it anyhow.


Something I believe God gave me about teaching as a profession this week: Content comes with research, Experience comes in time, Greatness comes with practice but passion comes from the heart. Thank you Lord for such revelation!

No comments:

Post a Comment